You've stumbled upon Expanding Awareness, a website run by Michael Ashcroft that explores Alexander Technique and all the things it intersects with.
My plan is for this website to become a well-maintained and exciting garden of ideas that you can explore as part of a wider 'oasis'. Although it's still somewhat early days I am planting seeds and laying down paths regularly.
If you're wondering what to read first, these are a good place to start:
- What is the Alexander Technique?
- Disengaging your parking brake
- Awareness is a user interface
- Learning to say no: experiments in inhibition
- 'Getting unstuck' — physically and philosophically — with Alexander Technique
- A single integrated field of awareness
If you came here via Twitter then you may also know I have build an Alexander Technique course, which you can learn about here.
And if you'd like to stay up to date with developments here then I invite you to join the 1200+ people on the mailing list below.